Sunday, February 17, 2008

NGO Security Scenario #19 - Roadside Surprise

You are visiting a project in Afghanistan. Your truck is stopped by U.S. military forces who are in the process of clearing a landslide from the road. A soldier tells you it should be less than 15 minutes before the road is opened. You decide to wait. It's a warm day and you have the windows rolled down. Click the play button below to see what happens next.



What do you do? What threats did you possibly anticipate prior to the incident and what steps did you take to mitigate them when you stopped? Share your thoughts by clicking on COMMENTS below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was totally unexpected! I like to think I would quickly wind up the window while telling the driver to reverse. Then I'd break out the antihistamines. Of course there is a good chance I'd use the irrational swat and swear method ;)

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe would expect a few flying stones from the blast. Am totally surprised to see the bees or is it wasps. My reaction would be to close the windows and reverse to a safe place.(pemba)

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home