Saving NGO Security Scenario Videos
Time commitments are going to decrease the frequency of future scenario posts, but in the meantime I want to show you how you can save scenario videos to your PC. These videos are great for classroom training or presentations. Just load them onto a laptop connected to a PowerPoint projector and you're ready to go. (Feel free to use any of the scenario text to go with the videos.)
First, click on this link to go to an index of the scenarios. On the index page, click a link to bring up the scenario. Once a scenario is displayed, follow these instructions:
- In the bottom right hand corner of the video window is a Menu button. Click it.
- The video temporarily shrinks and the URL of the video displayed. Click the Copy to Clipboard button (this copies the YouTube video URL to your clipboard).
- Go to the keepvid.com site. (There are a number of Web sites and programs that can save YouTube videos to your PC. Google save youtube for more options.)
- Paste the YouTube video URL saved in your clipboard to the text box at the top of the KeepVid Web page.
- Click the Download button.
- Two options are displayed - .flv Low Quality and .mp4 High Quality. Click the link of your choice to start downloading. (A file named get_video is saved. Rename it to something a little more meaningful.)
The.mp4 option saves the video to your hard drive in MPEG format, which is playable by QuickTime, Windows Media Player, and other common players.
That’s it. You can apply the same steps to save any other YouTube video you want to keep. Happy downloading... JM